Saturday, May 30, 2009

Why do I bother setting myself up for a nice night together with all three of us when I know he could get called into work.
He got a call a few hours ago to come in, but by the time he called them back they got someone else to take it. I have to admit I was happy. One shift at his part time job is worth like $350, but fuck I miss him when he works night shifts.
Then he got a call at 5:30 for a Trenton shift tonight.
He was telling me a story the other day about his grandparents. They got into a car accident and his grandfather had to spend the night in the hospital. That was the first time they had spent the night apart since he came home from the war.
I told Chuck that I can't imagine how it would be to have him home every night. I just can't imagine how nice that would be.

When I was like 13, some friends of my parents were having some marital problems, and I asked why. They explained that shift workers spouses have a hard time sometimes with their partners shifts. They told me not to marry a shift worker (they weren't being serious) but go figure I marry one!!

I don't get like this all the time, just when it comes up unexpected.

1 comment:

  1. Jason worked 6 weeks over night last summer. It was hard on me because that was the first time I had to sleep alone in the 4 years we had been together. It was weird.

    I hope you guys had a good night at least.

    I tagged you mama http://sleepisfortheweak.net/?p=144

    ReplyDelete