Sunday, June 14, 2009

I am amazed at how sweet Emily is.

First she cut off 12 inches in her hair that shes been purposely growing, and donated it so it can be made into a wig. She looks so great with short hair!

Now she has asked for no presents for her birthday or Christmas, she wants money instead. Why? Because she wants to donate it to children in a third world country.

How did she get to be so sweet? I think she is amazing and I can only hope that Tessa grows up to be just like her.

I've already got a family tradition that I want to do with my kids each and every Christmas. I want to take them to the mall, Wal-Mart or Sears, wherever they have those boards with kids who are in need of presents, and get them to agree on a child or two (depending on how many kids i have) and shop for a gift so they can donate it. I want to get them excited to do that each Christmas.

I rearranged Tessa's room last night and hated it. So when my sister came over today I got her to help me with ideas and we found something I liked. My biggest problem before to switch was that her dresser was too far away from the change table so I'd have to leave her on there, which I haven't been able to for months now, so I finally did something about it. I'll take pictures later but I really like it how it is now. I just need to work on getting the diaper boxes full of her smaller clothes packed up and down to the basement.

We went for an hour and a half long walk today, and get this.......Tessa was great for the entire thing! Well, she was sleeping for most of it! But she woke up half way home on the way back and was great the rest of the way. Now she had Emily and Lauren to watch and keep her company so that definitely helped.
The walk would of been great for me if I didn't get a chocolate bar when we got to the store. >:/
Why do I do that to myself?


My favourite Baby Einstein DVD so far has to be the Neighbourhood Animals. I enjoy watching it! :p

Tessa is getting so big!! She can sit up by herself for quite a while now. I love seeing her learn to do new things! I'm so not ready for her to start crawling! I know a lot of other babies in the Nov 2008 PR have started, but damnit I'm not ready!!

Its my and Chuck's third wedding anniversary on Tuesday! I'm surprising him with taking him out for dinner at our favourite restaurant! It'll be nice because its about an hour drive and mom will be over looking after Tessa. We're going for an early dinner so we'll be back in plenty of time before she goes to bed. But I've got plenty of breastmilk in the freezer and she should only have to give her one bottle. Shes on enough solids now that she can delay her feeding for a while.
Tessa has had most veggies. Everything except yellow wax beens. Surprisingly she doesn't like fruit! She'll eat prunes mixed in with rice or barley cereal but thats about it. She loves sweet potatos and butternut squash though!
The only two things so far that have given her a reaction (being extremely fussy) are oatmeal cereal and carrots. I think she got a lot of gas with the oatmeal (thanks karla for suggesting that) and she would not stop throwing up the carrots so I don't know what gives with those.

Shes currently happy as can be playing with my wrapper from my All Bran bar. She enjoys that more than any toy you could give her! It crinkles so it must be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment